The new Hybrid Cardiac Theater & Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), is a specialized unit at LPPH. This Unit comprises of a multi-disciplinary team specialized in the management of all cardiac related conditions. The Cardiology Unit is managed by the in-house Cardiologist Dr Michael Alison. The practice is located at LPPH, with consultation rooms being found in the main hospital building. The emphasis is on providing world class cardiac care with the initiation & continuation of care, from the pre-hospital setting to the Cardiology Unit for the best outcomes and management; as time is of the essence with these patients.
The Hybrid Cardiac Theater was established with the latest & most innovative equipment currently in the world, to provide a class leading service to all the cardiac related patients in Namibia.
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit is the clinical area where advanced technology and medical expertise come together to provide care for patients being managed for serious cardiac related conditions and can include either pre- or post- operation care. The unit comprises of 11 beds, including two isolation rooms. Activity in the unit is continuous, including patient assessment, evaluation, treatment, medication, laboratory tests, x-rays, and other procedures at all hours of the day and night, as required, to maintain the highest level of health care.
- Due to the lack of space and the risk of infection, you are requested not to send/bring flowers to the ICU unit.
- Cellphones, Laptops, Tablets and other electronic devices may not be used in the ICU unit as they interfere with the electronic equipment in the unit.
15h00 – 16h00 and 19h00 – 20h00
- Visits in the unit are strictly controlled for the well-being of patients.
- Only two visitors per patient at a time are allowed.
- No children under the age of 12 years are allowed in the unit.
* If a paediatric patient is admitted to ICU either one of the parents may stay with the patient. Please arrange this with the Unit Manager or the Shift Leader.